Monday, September 8, 2014

Hour of shower (AM)





The other night I had an hour of shower. It was rad. Rad! I didn't shower for that whole hour. I'm not an animal. I showered - washed my hair, exfoliated body and face - then I turned off the shower and sat in the bath with a face mask on. Then I showered everything off me and got out. And THEN I moisturised my body, put four beauty products on my face and blow dried my hair. I went in at 10pm after The Movie Show, which is technically called At the Movies, finished and then I got into bed at 11. 

In my fantasy world I do this regularly. But let me make it completely clear that my fantasy world is a fantasy and not reality at all. In my fantasy world I probably have an hour of shower where I perform all the additional grooming tasks at least once a week. And naturally I'd look good and feel great as a result. I know most normal people don't do face masks and exfoliating and body moisturising regularly but I want to. Though I never have. I do s prolonged grooming session about once every six months maybe. I think how nice it is and how I'd love to do it regularly. You know. What I just said. I think it's what called a vicious cycle. 

This ultra grooming fantasy exists in the same fantasy world in which I wake up an hour before everyone in my house and do exercise. But it's a different fantasy world to the one where I win Tattslotto. Or get a really great, satisfying, well-paid job. Which may exist in the Tattslotto fantasy world. What can I say, I've got a rich inner life. 

I'd consider adding hour of shower to my spring resolutions but I feel conflicted about prioritising grooming to that extent. As if 41 posts bearing the 'grooming' tag isn't testimony enough to my vanity. God, when did showers become so complicated?!

No comments:

Post a Comment